Crawl Space Insulation
CLOSED-CELL SPRAY FOAM SOLVES CRAWL SPACE PROBLEMS
Remember when you were a kid and you were sure something scary lurked in the dark recesses of your home’s crawl space? Turns out, you weren’t too far off base. When left uninsulated, crawl spaces can be the source of many problems for homeowners.
Especially in the older, raised cottages of southern Louisiana, original hardwood floors and gradually loosening joints allow significant (and costly) air passage. During the summer, heat rises through the cracks, pushing conditioned air out. During the winter, the cold snakes its way in, leaving floors icy to little feet. Closed-cell spray foam seals these cracks, eliminating not only the passage of air and loss of temperature, but also preventing infestations by termites and other insects living beneath your home.
Closed-cell spray foam is also a moisture repellent, which means in addition to insulation, it seals your floorboards from the damp soil, preventing rot. Conversely, fiberglass batt insulation absorbs moisture, becoming soggy, mold-ridden, and compressed when place between the floor joists of your crawl space. This reduces the R-value of the insulation and creates a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
DOES MY HOME NEED CRAWL SPACE INSULATION?
If you have experienced the following problems, then you should consider crawl space insulation to seal up your home and make life more comfortable year round.
- The floor above my crawl space is icy in the winter.
- I have to keep the heat going constantly during the winter to keep rooms above the crawl space comfortable.
- Mice or other pests have made themselves at home in the fiberglass insulation installed between joists in the crawl space.
- Termites have found an easy access into my home through cracks in the floorboards.
- The fiberglass batt insulation I installed in the crawl space keeps falling out of place.
- My crawl space has a moldy smell or visible signs of mold.
- My crawl space is always damp.
No other local energy company can provide the solutions and services that Sunlight Contractor does. Our SPFA certified installers have the training and expertise necessary to seal and insulate your home’s crawl space, making your house more comfortable and affordable all year. Call or email Sunlight Contractors today for a complete home energy audit and attic insulation estimate.
Main Office: Sunlight Contractors, LLC 2323 Bainbridge St #110, Kenner, LA 70062 (504) 222-2082
New Orleans location: Sunlight Contractors, LLC 1635 Elysian Fields Avenue, Suite 325, New Orleans, LA 70117 (504) 302-0058