Spray Foam versus Batt Insulation
We are giving you a fact to fact comparison on spray foam verses batt insulation for you to see the cost saving benefits. Your argument; aw, come on. Batt insulation is cheaper. Do I really need to spring for spray foam instead?
While you might save a few bucks up front by choosing traditional batt insulation, that choice could end up costing you big in the long run. Here’s why spray polyurethane foam is the hands-down best choice when it comes to your comfort, health and safety, and long-term energy savings:
- Spray foam can fill every crack and crevice to prevent air loss and infiltration. Batt insulation? Nope.
- Spray foam doesn’t settle or pack down over time. Batt insulation? You betcha.
- Spray foam won’t sag or split, ever. Batt insulation? It’s not a matter of if but of when.
- Spray foam is unaffected by water and even floods. Batt insulation? Can you say “all wet.”
- Spray foam isn’t a food source for mold or insects. Batt insulation? “Woo-hoo! Dinner!” said the mold spores, the termite, and the roach excitedly.
- Spray foam increases structural integrity and soundproofing. Batt insulation? Nope and unh-unh.
- Spray foam won’t support or spread flame. Batt insulation? Even though the fiberglass is noncombustible, it may have a flammable paper or foil backing. In addition, if you spray it with vapor retardant to increase its effectiveness, you’ve just made it highly flammable.
- Spray foam just says no to dust, pollen and other allergens. Batt insulation says, “Come in and set a spell.”
Spray foam’s benefits are impossible to beat, provided that it’s professionally installed by a licensed, certified, knowledgeable expert.
Sunlight Contractors owner Corey Yates has earned Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance’s highest Master Installer certification. He and his team have the precise scientific knowledge, skill, and attention to detail essential to top-notch installation of an equally top-notch insulation product. They’ll help make your Southern Louisiana home the comfortable, safe, healthy, energy-efficient haven that you deserve.
When comparing spray foam to batt insulation, there is no comparison in the benefits received from spray foam insulation. The comparison of spray foam verses batt insulation shows homeowners the cost saving of spray foam insulation in utilities and comfort that can not be provided by batt insulation.